Tuesday 19 July 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'm Sorry by Brenda Lee.
In UK Good Timin' by Jimmy Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Inherit the Wind, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1960 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Atom Egoyan: Canadian stage director and film director.
- Kevin Haskins: English drummer and songwriter (Bauhaus Love and Rockets and Tones on Tail).
- San Francisco Giants' Juan Marichal debuts, with a one hitter against Philadelphia Phillies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely (Know The Way I Feel)
- Duane Eddy - Because They're Young
- The Fendermen - Mule Skinner Blues
- Brenda Lee - That's All You Gotta Do
- Ray Peterson - Tell Laura I Love Her
- The Everly Brothers - When Will I Be Loved
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?