Wednesday 5 September 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Live from Daryl's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apocalypse Max: Better Dead Than Undead or Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 September 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 September
- A drone strike conducted by the United States kills at least five suspected militants in the eastern Yemeni province of Hadhramaut. (Reuters)
- A Palestinian Authority colonel is killed by gunfire from unknown assailants in Jenin, West Bank. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- In a letter ordering terms for the next installment of the second bailout, the European Commission, European Central Bank and International Monetary Fund (''the troika'') want Greece to raise the maximum amount of weekly work days to six. Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte rules out a third bailout loan. Diederik Samson of the Labour Party, excludes Greece from leaving the eurozone he mentions tutelage. (''De Telegraaf'')
- The UNCTAD releases a report detailing the further deterioration of the occupied Palestinian territories's economic environment. (ReliefWeb)
- A 7.6-magnitude earthquake 87 miles west of the Costa Rican capital of San José triggers a tsunami alert for the coastlines of Costa Rica, Panama and Nicaragua. (USGS)
- A firecracker factory explodes near Sivakasi, Tamil Nadu, killing 54 and injuring 50. (''Times of India'')
- An accidental explosion at a Turkish Army ammunition store in Afyon, western Turkey kills 25 soldiers and wounds another 4. (BBC)
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton does not meet Vice President Xi Jinping. (''TIME'')
- Wang Lijun, the former vice mayor and police chief of Chongqing, faces charges of abuse of power, bribe-taking, defection, and bending the law for personal gain. The Chengdu city prosecutor says Wang has tried to cover up Gu Kailai's murder of businessman Neil Heywood. (Xinhua)
- 2012 Democratic National Convention:
- The United States Democratic Party holds its national convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- The concepts of ampquotGod-given potentialampquot and an ampquotindivisible Jerusalem, capital of Israelampquot re-enter the platform in an eleventh-hour move at the behest of the President. (Tick 2)
- Former President Bill Clinton nominates current President Barack Obama as the party's nominee in the presidential election. (''Washington Post'')
- The Encyclopedia of DNA Elements is published. For the first time, a (''Nature'')
- 30-year old Andy Roddick formally begins his tennis retirement, losing in the fourth round of the US Open. (Entertainment Online)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?