Saturday 8 September 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aubrey Talerico .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Live from Daryl's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asura's Wrath or Diabolik Lovers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 8 September 2012 ?
- Bahraini uprising (2011–present):
- The Interior Ministry moves to sue the Al Wefaq main opposition party. On Friday, police have fired tear gas at anti-government protesters in the capital Manama. The protestors allegedly have defied a ban on demonstrations. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Afghanistan commemorates Ahmad Shah Massoud, assassinated today eleven years ago according to the Afghan calendar, with a ceremony in Kabul on the national holiday of ''Haftai Shahid'' (Martyr Week). (''The Frontier Post'')
- For the first time in nearly eighteen months, a sign of life appears of four French nationals kidnapped by Al-Qa'eda in Arlit, Niger. A videotape shows them healthy they ask France to negotiate their release. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Kim Ki-duk's violent tale ''Pietà'' wins the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival. Kim thanks the audience and the jury by singing a song. (''Korea Times'')
- A tractor is hit by a train in central Romania, killing eight passengers in the tractor trailer. (Bucharest Herald)
- A spokesman of Iran's Foreign Ministry calls Canada's Friday decision to sever all diplomatic ties ampquothastyampquot and ampquotradicalampquot. A senior Islamic Consultative Assembly member describes the decision as ampquothostileampquot. (Xinhua)
- It is announced that Pakistan and India are planning to mutually ease visa requirements. (Reuters)
- R.E.M. has its publisher Warner-Tamerlane issue a cease and desist order against Fox News. The channel allegedly made ampquotunlicensed and unauthorizedampquot use of their song ampquotLosing My Religionampquot in coverage of the Democratic National Convention. (''Rolling Stone'')
- The Hong Kong government backs down on plans to introduce Chinese patriotism classes in its schools after weeks of protests. (BBC)
- India's Vice president Ansari says, despite ampquotsignificant progressampquot, India has the largest number of illiterates in the world, marking the point at a speech for International Literacy Day. (''India Blooms'')
- At the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, Oscar Pistorius storms to the 400 metres (T44) gold medal. (AFP via ''The Daily Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?