Sunday 6 August 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sara Khan and Kyle Lindsey.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Batdance by Prince.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
The Abyss, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interceptor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Spirit: The New Legend or Friday the 13th.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1989 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
Famous Birthdays:06 August
- Oh! Calcutta! closes at Edison Theater NYC after 5959 performances
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Greater Washington Golf Open
- Jaime Paz Zamora inaugurated as President of Bolivia
- Pilot Union tells pilots okay to cross Eastern picket lines
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?