Saturday 7 May 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Adventures of Robin Hood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1938 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Kevin O'Connor in Honolulu: Hawaii; actor (Bogie, Special Effects).
- Johnny Caldwell: Ireland -- Flyweight boxer (1956 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Dutch Minister of Justice Goseling calls fugitives of Nazi-Germany undesired strangers
- 64th Kentucky Derby: Eddie Arcaro aboard Lawrin wins in 2:04.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Girl In The Bonnet Of Blue - Dick Todd
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?