Thursday 7 June 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janice Lawrence Braxton and Paddy McAloon.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
That Touch of Mink, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard the Lionheart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1962 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Janice Lawrence Braxton: WNBA center (Cleveland rockers, Olym-gold - 1984).
- Paddy McAloon: rocker (Prefab Sprout-2 Wheels Good).
- Jeronimo Brignone: Argenginian linguist, astrologer and theater and film director.
- Philippe Warrin: French photographer, who took the official portrait of Nicolas Sarkozy as President of the French Republic.
- Michael Cartellone: American drummer (Lynyrd Skynyrd and Damn Yankees).
- Simon Day: English comedian actor and screenwriter
- Thierry Hazard: French singer and songwriter
- Takuya Kurosawa: Japanese race car driver
- NASA civilian test pilot Joseph A Walker takes X-15 to 31,580 m
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?