Wednesday 7 June 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Running Scared by Roy Orbison.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Parent Trap, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1961 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Jean-Baptiste Dumas: French radio journalist.
- Kym Whitley: TV Actress.
- Dave Catching: American guitarist songwriter and producer (Earthlings? and Mondo Generator).
- Robert Griffith: Producer of Pajama Game.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?