Monday 11 June 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Kenny and Alvaro Bulto.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
That Touch of Mink, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard the Lionheart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1962 ?
- Michael Kenny: WLAF offensive assistant (Scottish Claymores).
- Alvaro Bulto: Spanish athlete of risk and paratrooper.
- Mano Menezes: Brazilian footballer and coach.
- Erika Salumäe: Estonian cyclist.
- President FDR accepted an honorary degree from Yale
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?