Saturday 2 June 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Advise & Consent, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1962 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Denis Baupin: French politician, the Deputy Mayor of the City of Paris, where, as an elected member of the city council, he represents Europe Écologie–The Greens.
- Mark Plaatjes: South African-American runner and coach.
- Ian Shaw: British singer and pianist known for his inventive ability to improvise, unequaled in the contemporary jazz scene.
- Darnell Coles: Baseball player.
- Laura Witvoet: Alberta, Canada -- LPGA golfer (1995 LPGA Corning-52nd).
- 32nd French Mens Tennis: Rod Laver beats Roy Emerson (36 26 63 97 62)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?