Thursday 7 November 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Mästerkatten i stövlar, directed by John W. Brunius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1918!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1918 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maria Teresa de Noronha: Portuguese Fado singer (d. 1993).
- Paul Aussaresses: French army general who fought during World War II, Indochina war, and Algerian war where his actions caused considerable controversy.
- Billy Graham: American evangelist, a Southern Baptist preacher who was "born again" as a teen, accepting Jesus as his personal savior.
- de Lespinay: Lucon Military man.
- Maria de Noronha: Portuguese singer (d. 1993).
- William Graham: Charlotte various
- Goddard demonstrates tube-launched solid propellant rockets.
- United Press erroneously reports WW I armistice had been signed.
- The 1918 influenza epidemic spreads to Western Samoa, killing 7,542 (about 20% of the population) by the end of the year.
- Kurt Eisner overthrows the Wittelsbach dynasty in the Kingdom of Bavaria.
- King Ludwig of Bavaria flees his country.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love's Garden of Roses - John McCormack
- When Uncle Joe Steps into France - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Lost Chord - Alma Gluck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?