Saturday 7 October 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jamaica Inn, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1939 ?
- Harold Kroto: English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- John Hopcroft: American computer scientist and author.
- Harry Kroto: English chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Laurent Pasinya: Congolese cardinal.
- Bill Snyder: American football player and coach.
- Clive James: Australian-British author, critic, broadcaster, poet, translator and memoirist, best known for his autobiographical series Unreliable Memoirs, for his chat shows and documentaries on British television and for his prolific journalism. He has lived and worked in the United Kingdom since 1962.
- Colin Cooper: Rocker (Climax Blues Band)
- Phil Ortega: American Major League Baseball pitcher who played professionally for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Washington Senators and the California Angels.
- HALL airship Binnendijk runs up German my
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?