Saturday 28 October 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Flying Deuces, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1939 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Jane Alexander in Massachusetts: USA; actress (The Betsy, Kramer versus Kramer).
- Jane Alexander: American actress and producer.
- Andy Bey: American singer and pianist.
- Miroslav Cerar: Slovenian gymnast and lawyer.
- Curtis Lee: American singer of the early 1960s, who twice over was one of the beneficiaries of 1961 productions by Phil Spector.
- Alice Brady: Actress (My Man Godfrey, Gay Divorcee), dies at 46.
- Anti-German demonstrations / strikes in Czechoslovakia
- Spitfire shoots German Heinkel-111 down above Scotland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?