Wednesday 11 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franklin A Sonn and Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1939 ?
- Franklin A Sonn: Union leader (South African workers).
- Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski: Dancer.
- Norma Blum: Brazilian actress.
- Maria Bueno: Sao Paulo, Brazil -- Tennis player (Wimbledon 1959).
- Austin Currie: Irish lawyer and politician.
- Albert Einstein informs FDR of possibilities of atomic bomb
- Bucky Harris signs to manage Washington again
- NAACP organized Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Manhattan Project: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt is presented a letter signed by Albert Einstein, urging the United States to rapidly develop the atomic bomb.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?