Wednesday 11 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1939 ?
- Norma Blum: Brazilian actress.
- Maria Bueno: Sao Paulo, Brazil -- Tennis player (Wimbledon 1959).
- Austin Currie: Irish lawyer and politician.
- Franklin A Sonn: Union leader (South African workers).
- Woiciech Wiesidlowski Lowski: Dancer.
- Albert Einstein informs FDR of possibilities of atomic bomb
- Bucky Harris signs to manage Washington again
- NAACP organized Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Manhattan Project: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt is presented a letter signed by Albert Einstein, urging the United States to rapidly develop the atomic bomb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?