Thursday 19 October 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Roaring Twenties, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1939 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- David Clark: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Benita Valente in Delano: California, USA; soprano (Pamina - Die Zauberfl�te).
- Jean-Paul Escande: French business executive, a corporate director and manager.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?