Friday 13 October 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
At the Circus, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1939 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- T J Cloutier: American poker player.
- Larry Bowie: American football player (d. 2012).
- T Cloutier: American poker player and author.
- Melinda Dillon: American actress.
- Melinda Dillon in Hope: Arkansas, USA; actress (Close Encounters, Slap Shot).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?