Friday 7 October 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Lace, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1960 ?
- Kevin Boyle: American historian and author.
- Kyosuke Himuro: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (Boøwy).
- Viktor Lazlo: French-Belgian singer of Grenadian and Martiniquan descent.
- Route 66 premieres
- 2nd JFK and Richard Nixon debate
- Nigeria joins the United Nations.
- Cold War: Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev pounds his shoe on a table at a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly, his way of protesting the discussion of the Soviet Union's policies toward Eastern Europe.
- Otoya Yamaguchi assassinates Inejiro Asanuma, the chairman of the Japanese Socialist Party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 October 1960 and get them!