Friday 7 October 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Midnight Lace, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1960 ?
- Viktor Lazlo: French-Belgian singer of Grenadian and Martiniquan descent.
- Kevin Boyle: American historian and author.
- Kyosuke Himuro: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (Boøwy).
- Route 66 premieres
- 2nd JFK and Richard Nixon debate
- Nigeria joins the United Nations.
- Cold War: Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev pounds his shoe on a table at a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly, his way of protesting the discussion of the Soviet Union's policies toward Eastern Europe.
- Otoya Yamaguchi assassinates Inejiro Asanuma, the chairman of the Japanese Socialist Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?