Wednesday 7 September 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
The Appaloosa, directed by Sidney J. Furie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1966 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Chris Barfoot: English actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Lutz Heilmann: German politician.
- Gunda Niemann-Stirnemann: German speed skater.
- Christopher Acland: Musician.
- Toby Jones: Movie Actor.
- Al Kelly: Double talk comedian (Ernie Kovacs Show), dies at 67.
- KTNE TV channel 13 in Alliance, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- the ocean liner ''SS Hanseatic'' catches fire and burns in New York City Harbor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?