Sunday 11 September 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
The Appaloosa, directed by Sidney J. Furie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1966 ?
- Richard Harvey: NFL linebacker (NO Saints).
- Stewart Carr: Indianapolis, Indiana -- Canoe (1996 Olympics).
- Kiko : Japanese commoner who married Prince Fumihito, later called Prince Akishino.
- Gregory Kane: Scottish musician and co-founder of the group "Hue and Cry" with his brother Patrick, in 1985.
- 80th US Womens Tennis: M Esther Bueno-Fraiser beats N Richey (63 61)
- 86th US Mens Tennis: Fred Stolle beats John Newcombe (46 12-10 63 64)
- Rolling Stones perform on Ed Sullivan Show
- Johnny Miller becomes the first New York Yankees' player to hit a home run on his first at bat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?