Friday 16 September 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Curtis Young and Stephane Traineau.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1966 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Kevin Curtis Young: Los Angeles, California -- 400m hurdler.
- Stephane Traineau: French judo champion, winner of a Bronze Medal in the Under-95 kg class on 7/21/1996 at the Atlanta Olympics.
- Sean Frye: American actor.
- Wil McCarthy: American author and playwright.
- Scott Workman: American stuntman and actor (d. 2013).
- Kevin Young: American hurdler
- Metropolitan Opera opens at New York's Lincoln Center.
- The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City with the world premiere of Samuel Barber's opera, Antony and Cleopatra.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Association - Cherish
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?