Tuesday 13 September 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Igor Kravchuk and Porter Shreve.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jackie Gleason Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1966 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Igor Kravchuk: Ufa, Russia -- NHL defenseman (Team Russia, St. Louis).
- Porter Shreve: American author, and professor of English and Director of the Creative Writing Program at Purdue University.
- Michelle Duggar: Reality Star.
- Maria Furtwängler: German physician and actress.
- Louis Mandylor: Australian actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Johannes Balthazar Vorster sworn in as Premier of South Africa
- TASS reports on clashes between the Chinese Communist Party and the Red Guards.
- In South Vietnam, Thich Tri Quang ends a 100-day hunger strike.
- The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City to the world premiere of Samuel Barber's opera, ''Antony and Cleopatra''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Association - Cherish
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?