Sunday 8 August 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Neefs and Dustin Hoffman in Louisiana.
The Life of Emile Zola, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1937 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Louis Neefs: Belgian singer.
- Dustin Hoffman in Louisiana: USA; actor (The Graduate, Tootsie, Kramer versus Kramer).
- Dustin Hoffman: American actor who has created some of the most unforgettable characters in the history of cinema, winning two Oscars and five Oscar nominations plus an Emmy in his 30 years of work.
- Fenwick Lansdowne: Canadian artist born in Hong Kong, a painter and illustrator noted for his renditions of birds.
- Cornelis Vreeswijk: Dutch-Swedish singer-songwriter guitarist and actor (d. 1987).
- Bonneville Dam on Columbia River (USA) begins producing power.
- Japan occupies Beijing.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?