Monday 2 August 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Souls at Sea, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1937 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Ronald Brierley: Company chairman.
- Billy Cannon: American football player and dentist.
- Garth Hudson: Canadian keyboard player songwriter and producer (The Band and The Call).
- Gundula Janowitz: Austrian operatic soprano.
- John Salt: English painter.
- William Cannon: football player (Heisman-1959).
- Ron Brierley: New Zealand entrepreneur, described as an equivalent to the American Donald Trump. When Sir Ron Brierley retired as a director of Brierley Investments on the company's 40th anniversary, 3/31/2001, it represented the end of an era for the company. He had not been active in the group since 1990, focusing instead on Guinness Peat Group.
- The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 is passed in America, the effect of which is to render marijuana and all its by-products illegal.
- The Marihuana Tax Act Pub. 238, 75th Congress, 50 Stat. 551 (Aug. 2, 1937), is a significant bill on the path that will lead to the criminalization of cannabis. It was introduced to U.S. Congress by Commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, Harry Anslinger. (The Act is now commonly referred to using the modern spelling as the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?