Sunday 29 August 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James J Floria and Jackie Jenkins.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1937 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- James J Floria: (Rep-D-New Jersey, 1975-90 / Gov-D-NJ, 1990-94).
- Jackie Jenkins: American child actor noted as being one of the great child stars.
- Bernard Balastre: France sport Champion.
- Carol Doda: American stripper and actress (d. 2015).
- James Florio: American commander lawyer and politician 49th Governor of New Jersey.
- Philadelphia Athletics' Bob Johnson is second to get six RBIs in an inning (first).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?