Sunday 29 August 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James J Floria and Jackie Jenkins.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1937 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- James J Floria: (Rep-D-New Jersey, 1975-90 / Gov-D-NJ, 1990-94).
- Jackie Jenkins: American child actor noted as being one of the great child stars.
- Bernard Balastre: France sport Champion.
- Carol Doda: American stripper and actress (d. 2015).
- James Florio: American commander lawyer and politician 49th Governor of New Jersey.
- Philadelphia Athletics' Bob Johnson is second to get six RBIs in an inning (first).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?