Saturday 8 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1946 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Dudley Fishburn: MP.
- Elizabeth A Lynn: United States -- Sci-fi author (Watchtower, Red Hawk).
- Graham Henry: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Alan Scarfe: British-born Canadian actor.
- Lute Song closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 142 performances
- Sukarno calls for anti colonial defiance in Indonesia
- In Indonesia, Sukarno incites his supporters to fight Dutch colonial occupation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- One More Tomorrow - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?