Saturday 8 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dudley Fishburn and Elizabeth A Lynn.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Starlight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1946 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Dudley Fishburn: MP.
- Elizabeth A Lynn: United States -- Sci-fi author (Watchtower, Red Hawk).
- Graham Henry: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Alan Scarfe: British-born Canadian actor.
- Lute Song closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 142 performances
- Sukarno calls for anti colonial defiance in Indonesia
- In Indonesia, Sukarno incites his supporters to fight Dutch colonial occupation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- One More Tomorrow - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?