Sunday 16 June 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Anna and the King of Siam, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1946 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- John Astor: 3rd Baron Astor of Hever English businessman and politician.
- Karen Dunnell: English statistician and academic.
- Tom Harrell: American trumpet player and composer.
- Neil MacGregor: Director (British National Gallery).
- Iain Matthews: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fairport Convention and Plainsong).
- Jodi Rell: American politician 87th Governor of Connecticut
- Mark Ritts: American actor puppeteer and producer (d. 2009)
- Derek Sanderson: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Simon Williams: United States -- Actor (Fiendish plot of dr Fu Manchu)
- Lord Astor: [of Hever]
- Alain Jardel: French basketball coach.
- Rick Adelman: American athlete, pro basketball player for seven seasons beginning in 1968.
- Annie Get Your Gun opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 1147 performances
- 46th US Golf Open: Lloyd Mangrum shoots a 284 at Canterbury Golf Club - Cleveland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- I Got The Sun In The Morning - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?