Monday 8 October 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Giant, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1956 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Janice E Voss Ford: South Bend, Indiana -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 57, 63, 83, 94).
- Stephanie Zimbalist in New York City: USA; actress (Remington Steele, Centennial).
- Scott Michael: Pellaton; barefoot water ski champ.
- Fabrice Gaulin: French homeless man and murder victim, burned alive on a street at dawn on 18 March 1996 in the tenth arrondissement of Paris.
- Stephanie Zimbalist: Movie Actress.
- Dirk Koster: Literary (New noises), dies at 69.
- New York Yankees's Don Larsen pitched the only perfect game in a World Series; one of only 20 perfect games in MLB history.
- Finland joins UNESCO.
- The Lockheed L-1649A Starliner makes its first flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?