Friday 9 January 1903
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Los héroes del sitio de Zaragoza, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1903.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1903!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1903 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Hem Vejakorn: Thai illustrator (d. 1969).
- Jean-Marie Querville: French admiral in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- 2 NYers buy Baltimore baseball franchise for $18,000 and moved it to New York
- Frank Farrell and Bill Devery purchase American League Baltimore franchise for $18,000 and move it to New York City, New York (New York Yankees).
- Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota established.
- Hallam Tennyson, 2nd Baron Tennyson, son of the famous poet Alfred Tennyson, becomes the second Governor-General of Australia.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?