Thursday 9 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simone Beauvoir and Giordano Corsi.
Barberaren i Sevilla, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1908 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Simone Beauvoir: French writer and existentialist teacher who fashioned an impressive literary career as a novelist, philosopher, essayist and writer of memoirs.
- Giordano Corsi: Italian soccer player.
- Simone de Beauvoir: French philosopher and author (d. 1986).
- Abraham Goldfaden US Yiddish stage performer (Shulamis): dies at age 67.
- Wilhelm Busch: German writer and artist, the author and sketcher of delightful children and young adult stories.
- Frans Schollaert succeeds De Trooz as premier of Belgium.
- Muir Woods National Monument, California established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?