Thursday 9 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Barberaren i Sevilla, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1908 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Giordano Corsi: Italian soccer player.
- Simone de Beauvoir: French philosopher and author (d. 1986).
- Simone Beauvoir: French writer and existentialist teacher who fashioned an impressive literary career as a novelist, philosopher, essayist and writer of memoirs.
- Wilhelm Busch: German writer and artist, the author and sketcher of delightful children and young adult stories.
- Abraham Goldfaden US Yiddish stage performer (Shulamis): dies at age 67.
- Frans Schollaert succeeds De Trooz as premier of Belgium.
- Muir Woods National Monument, California established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- As Long as the World Rolls On - Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 January 1908 and get them!