Sunday 9 January 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1938 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Charles Edelstenne: French businessman, the CEO of Dassault Aviation from 2000 until 2013, and the Chairman of Dassault Systèmes.
- Aad Kosto: Dutch theologist / actor / Assistant Secretary of Justice.
- Claudette Boyer: Canadian educator and politician (d. 2013).
- Peter Edelman: American lawyer and educator.
- Stuart Woods: American author and critic.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?