Saturday 9 June 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Socha and Lizz Tayler.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hold On by Wilson Phillips.
In UK World In Motion by Englandneworder was in the top 5 hits.
Gremlins 2: The New Batch, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Set of Six.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amazing Penguin Osawagase! Penguin Boy or Battle Bull.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1990!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1990 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
Famous Birthdays:09 June
- 122nd Belmont: Michael Kinane aboard Go and Go wins in 2:27.2
- 60th French Womens Tennis: Monica Seles beats Steffi Graf (76 64)
- Dodger Eddie Murray ties Mickey Mantle with switch hit HRs in 10 games
- Michael Jackson is hospitalized with inflamed rib cartilage
- Monica Seles beats Steffi Graf for French Open title
- Czechoslovakia beats US 5-1 in World Cup soccer.
- ''Mega Borg'' oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico near Galveston, Texas.
- Alberto Fujimori is elected President of Peru he takes office on July 28.
- First round of the Bulgarian Constitutional Assembly election sees the Bulgarian Socialist Party win a majority. The second round of voting is held June 17.
- Cold War: The parliament of the Russian Federation formally declares its sovereignty.
- In the Algerian local election, Algeria's first multiparty election since 1962, the Islamic Salvation Front wins control of more than half of municipalities and 32 of Algeria's 48 provinces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
- Madonna - Vogue
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You
- Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
- Janet Jackson - Alright
- Linear - Sending All My Love
- New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
- M.C. Hammer - U Can't Touch This
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?