Sunday 9 May 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Burned by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 2010 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 May
- BP's containment chamber fails, prolonging the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. (Reuters)
- The regional coalition of Christian-Democrats (CDU) and Free Democrats (FDP) are voted out of office in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW), which may lead to the federal government of Chancellor Angela Merkel losing its majority in the upper house. (''The Independent'')
- Sandro Bondi, Italy's minister of culture, calls for a boycott of the 2010 Cannes Film Festival after a documentary on the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake was included in the programme. (Reuters)
- A mine explosion in Mezhdurechensk (Kemerovo Oblast), Russia, kills at least 12 people and injures 24 others with 64 unaccounted for. (TVNZ)
- U.S. missiles kill five people in North Waziristan, Pakistan. (AP)
- A Chinese man is freed from prison after 10 years after the man he had been convicted of killing is found alive. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Somali pirates seize MS ''Marida Marguerite'', a German-owned tanker, off the coast of Somalia. (Press TV)
- The 26th annual Vancouver Sun Run happens today in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?