Wednesday 19 May 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Not Afraid by Eminem.
Robin Hood, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Burned by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 19 May 2010 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 May
- The Royal Thai Armed Forces concludes its crackdown on protests by forcing the surrender of United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship leaders.
- Protests in Bangkok, Thailand, end with a bloody military crackdown, killing 91 and injuring more than 2,100.ref name=quotdeathsquot
- Scientists announce that they have created a functional synthetic genome.
- Five paintings worth €100 million are stolen from the Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris.ampref name=ampquotskyampquotamp
- Aljazeera's Manama bureau is shut down by the Bahrain government for a ampquotbreach of media normsampquot after the channel broadcasts a report on poverty in the country. (''BusinessWeek'')
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- The Israeli government describes as a ampquotbig mistakeampquot its barring of Noam Chomsky when it stopped him from entering the occupied West Bank area earlier in the week. Chomsky gives his lecture from Jordan by video link instead. (Aljazeera)
- Elvis Costello cancels two concerts in Israel for political reasons, joining Gil Scott-Heron and Carlos Santana in doing so. (''Christian Science Monitor'')
- An independent investigation concludes that a North Korean torpedo caused the sinking of the South Korean Cheonan warship Cheonan. (DailyNK)
- 2010 North Indian Ocean cyclone season
- Cyclone Laila approaches landfall in southeastern India, having already caused at least ten deaths and prompting the evacuations of 10,000 people in Tamil Nadu. (IndiaServer.com)
- Tropical Cyclone 02A forms off the east coast of Somalia, although it is expected to dissipate before making landfall. (Joint Typhoon Warning Center)
- Battle of Bangkok:
- Buildings across Bangkok have been set ablaze by anti-government protesters after the military stormed a protest camp in the centre of the city. (Al Jazeera)
- 2010 Kyrgyzstani uprising:
- Two people are killed and a state of emergency is declared in the city of Jalal-Abad, Kyrgyzstan after protesters attempted to storm an Uzbek university. (AP)
- At least 40,000 Romanians rally in Bucharest to protest planned wage cuts the government says are needed to shore up the ailing economy. (Mediafax)
- Pakistan Telecommunication Authority acting on orders from Lahore High court blocks access to Facebook in the country until May 31 due to a Facebook group encouraging drawings of the Prophet Mohammed on May 20, labeled as Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. (CNN)
- Ukraine and China are interested in cooperation in cargo transportation sphere. Konstyantyn Hryshchenko says this at the joint news conference with Foreign Minister of China Yang Jiechi. (unian)
- 10 people are confirmed dead and one is missing after a coal mine gas explosion Tuesday in north China's Shanxi Province (Xinhua)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?