Wednesday 9 September 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Haeton and Bernard Lorjou.
Os Guaranis, directed by Benjamin Oliveira, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1908 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- John Haeton: United States -- Bobsled (1928, 48 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Bernard Lorjou: French artist, painter of Expressionism and a founding member of the anti-abstract art Group "L'homme Témoin".
- Cesare Pavese: Italian writer, a novelist, critic and poet with a tormented personality.
- Yves Bourdos: Marmande EXecutives.
- Shigekazu Shimazaki: Japanese admiral (d. 1945).
- Russia takes part of Poland
- Orville Wright makes first one-hr airplane flight, Fort Myer, Virginia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?