Wednesday 9 September 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Os Guaranis, directed by Benjamin Oliveira, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1908 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Shigekazu Shimazaki: Japanese admiral (d. 1945).
- Yves Bourdos: Marmande EXecutives.
- Bernard Lorjou: French artist, painter of Expressionism and a founding member of the anti-abstract art Group "L'homme Témoin".
- Cesare Pavese: Italian writer, a novelist, critic and poet with a tormented personality.
- John Haeton: United States -- Bobsled (1928, 48 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Russia takes part of Poland
- Orville Wright makes first one-hr airplane flight, Fort Myer, Virginia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 9 September 1908 and get them!