Wednesday 23 September 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ramdhari Dinkar .
The Fairylogue and Radio-Plays, directed by Francis Boggs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1908 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Ramdhari Dinkar: Indian poet academic and politician (d. 1974).
- Giant Fred (Bonehead) Merkle fails to touch 2nd, causes 3rd out in 9th & disallows winning run (game ends tied, Cubs win replay & pennant)
- University of Alberta in Alberta, Canada, is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Over the Hills and Far Away - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?