Tuesday 9 August 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Anthony Williams in Chicago and Clint Ritchie.
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1938 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Dick Anthony Williams in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Our Family Honor).
- Clint Ritchie: American actor, primarily noted for his role as Clint Buchanan in the daytime TV soap opera, "One Life to Live" in which he has performed for over 20 years since his debut on September 10, 1979.
- Leonid Kuchma: Ukrainian engineer and politician 2nd President of Ukraine.
- Rod Laver: Australia -- Tennis ace (1962, 1969 Grand Slam).
- Otto Rehhagel: German footballer coach and manager.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?