Friday 10 August 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1962 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Rickie Powell: American steady working child actor of film and TV.
- Julia Fordham: English singer-songwriter.
- Alan Muraoka: American actor and director.
- Suzanne Collins: Young Adult Author.
- Dan Donovan: rocker (Bad).
- Ted Husing: NYC, New York -- Sportscaster (Monday Night Fights).
- Marvel Comics publishes Amazing Fantasy#15, which features the first published appearance of the superhero character of Spider-Man, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing
- Bobby Darin - Things
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?