Monday 27 August 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Sheila by Tommy Roe.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The 300 Spartans, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1962 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Adam Oates: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Thomas Duggan: American photographer.
- Scott Davis: Santa Monica, California -- Tennis star.
- Vic Mignogna: American voice actor.
- Carlos Lavin: Composer, dies at 79.
- Mariner 2 launched; first probe to fly by Venus.
- The Mariner 2 unmanned space mission is launched to Venus by NASA.
- NASA launches the ''Mariner 2'' space probe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?