Friday 24 August 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Ellen Weber and Mary E Weber in Cleveland.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Little Eva.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The 300 Spartans, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Finlay's Casebook.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1962 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Mary Ellen Weber: Cleveland, Ohio -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 70).
- Mary E Weber in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; PhD/astronaut.
- Major Garrett: American journalist and author.
- Craig Kilborn: American actor and talk show host.
- David Koechner: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Emile Roemer: Dutch educator and politician
- Henry George Ley: Composer, dies at 74.
- Dodger coach Leo Durocher suffers a near-fatal allergic reaction to a penicillin injection while in the clubhouse at the Polo Grounds
- A group of armed Cuban exile terrorists fire at a hotel in Havana from a speedboat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?