Tuesday 7 August 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1962 ?
- Alison Brown: American banjo player songwriter and producer (Northern Lights).
- Bruno Pelletier: Canadian singer and actor.
- Alain Robert: French urban climber called "Spiderman" for his daredevil achievements at climbing more than 70 buildings and bridges including the Sydney Harbour Bridge in Sydney Australia, at age 41, without ropes or safety equipment.
- Morris Louis: US Painter (post painterly abstraction), dies at 49.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing
- Bobby Darin - Things
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?