Wednesday 29 August 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian James Corlett and Armand Eloi.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Sheila by Tommy Roe.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Cleo from 5 to 7, directed by Agns Varda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The New Hanna-Barbera Cartoon Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1962 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Ian James Corlett: Canadian voice actor.
- Armand Eloi: Belgian actor and director.
- Carl Banks: NFL linebacker (Cleveland Browns, New York Giants).
- Ian Corlett: Canadian voice actor singer producer and screenwriter.
- Hiroki Kikuta: Japanese game designer and composer.
- Some provisions of Kuwaiti constitution are suspended
- US U-2 flight sees SAM launch pads in Cuba
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?