Wednesday 10 May 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Blyth Tait and Danny Carey.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Runaway by Del Shannon.
In UK Blue Moon by The Marcels was in the top 5 hits.
Two Women, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Ernie Kovacs Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1961!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1961 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Blyth Tait: England, United Kingdom -- NZ equestrian 3 day event (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Danny Carey: American drummer (Tool, Pigmy Love Circus).
- Randy Cunneyworth in Etobicoke: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Ottawa Senators).
- Teri Copley in Arcadia: California, USA; actress (Mickey - We've Got it Made).
- Johanna ter Steege: Dutch actress.
- Randy Cunneyworth: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Beyond the Fringe, premieres in London
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Linda Scott - I've Told Every Little Star
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Brenda Lee - You Can Depend On Me
- Adam Wade - Take Good Care Of Her
- Ray Charles - One Mint Julep
- Steve Lawrence - Portrait Of My Love
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?