Thursday 10 October 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Barbary Coast, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1935 ?
- Paolo Renosto: Composer.
- Steffi Helmar: Germany Actor.
- Andre Bureau: French Canadian communications executive.
- Abu Jihad: Founder of the Palestinian group Fatah (d. 1988).
- Khalil al-Wazir: Palestinian commander founded Fatah (d. 1988).
- André Bureau: Canadian lawyer and businessman
- Arthur Henderson: Arthur Henderson was the first UK cabinet minister from the Labour Party, the 1934 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and served three terms as the Leader of the Labour Party.
- Porgy & Bess, by George Gershwin, New York premiere
- Coup under General Giorgios Kondylis in favor of Greek monarchy
- League of Nations denounces Italian invasion of Abyssinia
- George Gershwin's Porgy and Bess play opens on Broadway.
- A coup d'etat by the royalist leadership of the Greek Armed Forces takes place in Athens. It overthrows the government of Panagis Tsaldaris and establishes a regency under Georgios Kondylis, effectively ending the Second Hellenic Republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?