Monday 21 October 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hands Across the Table, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1935 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Derek Bell: Irish harp player pianist and songwriter (The Chieftains) (d. 2002).
- Hank Greenberg is unanimously selected as American League Most Valuable Player.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?