Thursday 10 October 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Honestly Love You by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Phantom of Liberty, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1974!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1974 ?
- Asi Cohen: Israeli actor and screenwriter.
- Julio Cruz: Argentinian footballer.
- Lucy Powell: English politician.
- Julio Ricardo Cruz: Argentinian footballer.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr: American NASCAR Sprint Cup series driver.
- Chris Pronger: Canadian professional ice hockey player with the NHL. He has played for the Hartford Whalers, St. Louis Blues, Edmonton Oilers, Anaheim Ducks and Philadelphia Flyers. He was drafted in 1993 by the Whalers and traded to the Flyers in 2009. As a member of the Anaheim Ducks, he helped his team mates win a Stanley Cup in 2007.
- Jacqueline Pirie: Scottish actress, immensely popular in two of the top TV series of the UK, "Coronation Street" and "Emmerdale." In her spare time she is a talented painter.
- Naike Rivelli: Germany -- Model / Daughter of Ornella Muti
- Dale Earnhardt: American race car driver, the son of champion driver Dale Earnhardt who was killed on the track at Talladega, Fl on 2/18/2001. His father’s son, on the following weekend he carried on the family tradition, driving his red Chevy Monte Carlo at the North Carolina speedway. On the first lap, fans gasped as he was bumped from behind and spun into a concrete wall, just as his dad had done a week before. Dale Jr. walked away, which his dad had not been able to do.
- Assi Cohen: Israeli comedian and actor
- Marie Luise Kaschnitz: Writer, dies at 73.
- Canadian John Hathaway begins two-year ride of 50,600 miles.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
- First Class - Beach Baby
- Stevie Wonder - You Haven't Done Nothin'
- Cat Stevens - Another Saturday Night
- Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
- Blue Swede - Never My Love
- Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?