Friday 11 May 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1962 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Steve Bono NFL quarterback (Kansas City Chiefs: Green Bay Packers-Superbowl 31).
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island.
- US sends troops to Thailand.
- Antonio Segni becomes President of Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Twist, Twist Senora - Gary U.S. Bonds
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?