Friday 19 January 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1979 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Fabrice Tourre: French-born investment banker, mathematician, and executive director in Structured Products Group of Goldman Sachs.
- Wiley : English rapper and producer (Roll Deep).
- Svetlana Khorkina: Russian gymnast and sportscaster.
- Josu Sarriegi: Spanish/Basque footballer.
- Paul Meurisse: French actor, and fiancé of singer Edith Piaf.
- John N Mitchell (former Attorney General) released on parole from federal prison.
- Former U.S. Attorney General John N. Mitchell is released on parole after 19 months at a federal prison in Alabama.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 January 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?