Tuesday 16 January 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1979 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Mark Anthony Fernandez: Filipino actor.
- Aaliyah : American singer, dancer, actress, and model.
- Brenden Morrow: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jason Ward: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlevi of Iran flees Iran for Egypt
- The Shah of Iran flees Iran with his family and relocates to Egypt.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?