Saturday 11 December 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Born to the West, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1937 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Jim Harrison: American writer.
- Adrian J: Vlok; South African NP-minister of Law and Order (1986-).
- Benjamin Sottile: American merchandise marketer, engineer and CEO of Gibson Greetings, a gift wrap and greetings card manufacturer.
- 25th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats Winn Blue Bombers, 30-7
- Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy leaves the League of Nations.
- USS ''Panay'' incident: Japanese bombers sink the American gunboat .
- Mae West makes a risque guest appearance on the NBC ''Chase and Sanborn Hour'' that eventually results in her being banned from radio.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 December 1937 and get them!