Saturday 12 August 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1939 ?
- Pam Kilborn: Australian hurdler sprinter and long jumper.
- David King: South African chemist and academic.
- Roy Romanow: Canadian lawyer and politician 12th Premier of Saskatchewan.
- Skip Caray: American TV and radio baseball announcer (Atlanta Braves) (d. 2008).
- Michael D Antonovich: American politician.
- Pam Ryan-Kilborn: Australia -- Hurdler (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- George Hamilton: American actor, a tanned and gorgeous sex symbol.
- George Hamilton in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; actor (Love at first Bite, Where the Boys Are).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 August 1939 and get them!