Sunday 12 August 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Austra Skujyte and DJ Houlton.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Bad Girls by Donna Summer.
In UK I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
Life of Brian, directed by Terry Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie'S Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carol Burnett & Company.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Guerilla or Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1979!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1979 ?
- Austra Skujyte: Lithuanian athlete.
- DJ Houlton: American baseball player.
- D Houlton: American baseball player.
- Ian Hutchinson: English motorcycle racer.
- Cindy Klassen: Canadian speed skater.
- Austra Skujytė: Lithuanian pentathlete
- Sir Ernst Boris Chain: British biochemist, Nobel laureate (Born 1906).
- Whoopee! closes at ANTA Theater NYC after 204 performances
- Iran press censors start massive book burnings
- Judy wins LPGA WUI Golf Classic Rankin
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?